"Wishes Do Come True" Acrylic Painting
(This is a FREE class...Thank you to all my students, teachers, friends and family that have supported me in 2017. I am so happy that you are in my life!)
NO Experience required!
This tree small 5x5 canvases are created using acrylic paint. The Dandelion holds a special place in my heart. I remember as a child, finding what I thought was the biggest dandelion, squeezing my eyes as tight as I could and with the biggest breath I could expel from my tiny lungs, I would send my wishes afloat.
And for sure, they would come true!
We will prep our small canvas with gesso, and apply several layers of acrylic paint.
The edges of our canvases with be darkened and an accent of acrylic paint will be applied to the top edge of the canvas making our image pop.
Our dandelions are created using a stipple action with white gesso, soften center using charcoal, and a stem created with acrylic paint.
Supply List: Wishes Do Come True
- 3 - 5x5 Canvases (min. 1/2 to 1 in. profile.)
- Scrubber (You can use any brush that you don't mind scrubbing with.)
- White Gesso
- Acrylic Paints: (Any brand or similar color can be used.)
- Unbleached Titanium (Liquitex-Basic)
- Acapulco (Apple Barrel)
- Turquoise (Craftsmart)
- Navy Blue (Craftsmart)
- Bright Green (Americana)
- Burnt Umber (M. Graham & Co.)
- Olive Green (M. Graham & Co.)
- Alizarin Crimson (M. Graham & Co.)
- Cadmium Yellow (M.Graham & Co.)
- Stick Charcoal
- Protractor or other circular object like jar lid.
- Baby Wipes
- Water bowl