Young Artist Classes
Tigger Lazy Cat- Story Board
NO Experience required!
This class is a great start for the beginning artist and will teach the young artist how to create a three panel story board on watercolor paper.
This class starts with creating our background by using a sponge to make a tie-dyed background.
Our cat will come to life in an illustrated style using acrylic paint and black ink to enhance form.
We will finish our painting by adding details to our cat, outlining our story panels and word blocks, and by stamping words associtated with our story line.
Who is this class for:
- A beginning artist that wants to learn how to create a tie-dye affect for a background.
- An established artist who wants to explore basic story board and word blocking for story telling.
- Both a beginning and an established artist that want to create a whimsical funny animal character using a story board style.
What will you learn:
- How to use a limited color palette to create a small painting with cute factor.
- How to make a tie-dyed background using a sponge.
- How to create a basic three panel story board with word blocks.
- How to illustrate their pet animal by using a funny pose.
- How to tell a story in your art using simple but descriptive words.
Supply List: Tigger Lazy Cat
- Watercolor paper - 7x11 (Canvas can be used)
- Flat or oval
- Detail or small
- Sponge (I used makeup sponges)
- Sharpie - black
- Carbon paper
- Tracing paper
- Pencil or pen
- Acrylic Paints: (Any brand or similar color can be used.)
- Acapulco (Apple Barrel)
- Pink (Liquitex Basic)
- Pumpkin Orange (Apple Barrel)
- Letter Stamps or letter stencils
- Staz-on ink pad
- Baby Wipes
- Craft mat or other paint mixing palette
- Water bowl