The Shore - Acrylic Painting Class
NO Experience required!
This is a mini 30-minute video where we will create an acrylic painting of an ocean scene using palette knives and brushes.
We will discuss page prepping, color-wheel, composition, gray scale, and horizon line, which will result in a beautiful art journal page that you can hang on your wall.
We'll be painting with palette knives and brushes using acrylic paint to create an ocean, waves, beach, and sky. We will use gesso for adding whites and blending darks. We will finish our painting by adding wave movement using gesso and a palette knife.
Although this painting was created in a Composition Book that is being used for an art journal, you can also use watercolor paper or a canvas.
The Shore - Acrylic Painting
- Watercolor paper 90-140 lb, canvas, or art journal. (I used a Composition Book as an art journal.
- Color wheel
- Palette knives (I use plastic, but metal can be used as well. A used credit card/gift card can also be used if you don't have palette knives.)
- Flat (8)
- Scrubber/Fix-it Brush (You can use any brush that you don't mind scrubbing with.)
- White & Black Gesso (Okay to replace black gesso with black acrylic paint)
- Acrylic Paints: (Any brand or similar color can be used.)
- Unbleached Titanium (Liquitex-Basic)
- Acapulco (Apple Barrel)
- Antique White (Apple Barrel)
- Turquoise (Craftsmart)
- Raw Siena (Liquitex)
- Burnt Siena (Liquitex)
- Raw Umber (Liquitex)
- (optional) Pool (Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber)
- Deep Violet (Liquitex-Basic)
- Baby Wipes
- Wax paper or other mixing palette
- Water bowl