Young Artist Classes
SunSet Tree - Collage and Acrylic Painting
NO Experience required!
This class is a great start for the beginning artist and will introduce the young artist to blending collage papers with acrylic making a colorful and dramatic painting.
We will learn to prep our painting surface, select complementary colors, and adhere papers to create a landscape that impacts.
We will blend papers and paint to create a painting that has both distance and foreground. We will draw a simple tree form but will add drama by creating texture with brush strokes and bold colors.
Who is this class for:
- A beginning artist that wants to make a landscape.
- An established artist who wants to combine collage papers with paint.
- Both a beginning and an established artist that want to make an abstract landscape.
What will you learn:
- How to use a limited color palette to create a painting that makes a bold statement.
- How to use simple form and color to create an abstract landscape.
- How to use paint to blend different mediums.
- How to create texture using brush strokes and dry brushing.
- How to have fun with limited art supplies.
Supply List: The SunSet Tree
- Watercolor paper 90-140 lb. or canvas
- Brushes: Flat or oval
- Used gift card or credit card for spreading adhesive
- Mod Podge or Gel Medium
- Printed papers, solid color paper, or wrapping paper.
- Optional: page from used text book.
- Vine Charcoal to draw with. (Regular writing pencil can also be used.)
- White Gesso
- Acrylic Paints: (Any brand or similar color can be used.)
- Acapulco (Apple Barrel)
- Pumpkin Orange (Apple Barrel)
- Deep Violet (Liquitex-Basic)
- Sharpie black marker - fine point.
- Baby Wipes
- Craft mat or other paint mixing palette
- Water bowl