Young Artist Classes
I Heart Robot - Acrylic on Canvas
NO Experience required!
This class is a great start for the beginning artist and will teach the young artist how to use a brayer to create a textured background as well as using simple form to create a whimsical robot.
This class starts with creating our background by using a brayer to apply color and texture.
Our robot will come to life using paper to create a simple form, adding legs, head, eyes and a waving arm. We will use acrylic paints add character to our robot.
We will finish our painting by blending our paper body and background using gesso and charcoal. Additional details will be added using pen.
Who is this class for:
- A beginning artist that wants to learn how to use brayer and acrylic paints.
- An established artist who wants to explore blending paper and acrylic paints to make a cohesive painting.
- Both a beginning and an established artist that want to create a whimsical small painting on canvas. (Great for gifts.)
What will you learn:
- How to use a limited color palette to create a small painting with cute factor.
- How to make an active looking background using a brayer tool.
- How to using a plastic gift card to make a simple form figure.
- How to add shadows and depth using charcoal and gesso.
- How to enhance your painting focal point by adding small moving details.
Supply List: I Heart Robot
- Canvas board or watercolor paper (5x7).
- Flat or oval
- Detail or small
- Used gift card or credit card.
- Patterned paper (Black or white paper can be used and design drawn or painted on.)
- Vine Charcoal to draw with. (Regular writing pencil can also be used.)
- Roller ball pen. (Any brand)
- White Gesso
- Acrylic Paints: (Any brand or similar color can be used.)
- Acapulco (Apple Barrel)
- Holiday Red (Craftsmart)
- Bright Yellow (Apple Barrel)
- Baby Wipes
- Craft mat or other paint mixing palette
- Water bowl